10.19.2014

White Chocolate and Pomegranate Salt Covered Popcorn

This may seem like the grossest thing in the world, but I promise you it is now my favorite snack. Many of you are also probably thinking what the heck is pomegranate salt? Well, sadly, I didn't come up with it. I got the idea of pomegranate salt from Top With Cinnamon, one of my favorite blogs.
Heres how I did it:

Start With:
One Pomegranate (I like to use fresh juice)

Almond Bark or Semi-Sweet Chocolate chips (or both, I used Almond Bark)
Sea Salt
Milk
And of course, Popcorn

I split my Pom in half to get some juice out; You only need a tiny bit. I used the juice that was on the cutting board. You can see Top With Cinnamon's blog for more detailed instructions.

I just mixed the juice and salt, and let it sit to dry.


Next, I prepared the popcorn. I used stovetop popcorn, but i'm sure microwave popcorn would work just as well. Mine was by the brand Martha Pantry and called White Gold Popcorn. I used 3 Tbs. of kernels and 2 Tbs. of Oil



While I made the popcorn, I mixed 1/3 cup of Oberweis Milk and 4 squares of Almond Bark in a small saucepan and and put the heat on low-medium. Right when I finished, I poured the melted bark onto the popcorn, and sprinkled the salt on top. I then mixed it around with my hands (oops) before the chocolate dried. Yum.


xoxo, Cora Bella


No comments:

Post a Comment